Monday, January 8, 2018

Blogathon 2018 - Day 6 - All the bright places !!

I love reading. Now, if you ask me a particular genre or author I love, I wouldn't be able to choose one. For me, if a book I am reading interests me, it becomes my current favorite. Depending on the emotions I go through or the fairy world I create around myself when I am reading, I decide whether I want to read more books on the same topic or by the same author. I was gifted "All the bright places"- Jennifer Niven by my Secret Santa for Christmas and I cannot tell you how happy I am to read it.

I am still mid way, but I find it difficult to keep the book down. It keeps me interested like a lover and it is one of the best feelings to have. What I also like about the novels I read are the quotes.. I absolutely love them.. some sentences, some words leave a mark like no other..

There is one such conversation in the novel which goes on like this - "The problem with people is they forget that most of the time, it's the small things that count..."


And it cannot be any more true. Small things, small gestures, beautiful words - they count. A hug, a pat, a smile, a hug - all of them count. A word of appreciation, a thank you, a sorry if someone is hurt. Sounds small but makes a big difference.

Cheers to such words and gestures! They are like an infinite source of energy which never exhausts... Let the positivity flow!

#Blogathon2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...