Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blogathon 2015 #Day24 - Shopping soiree with mom!

Shopping day... Saturday!!
My first cousin is getting married this Valentines day.. and marriages call for shopping.. loads of shopping...
Mom and I started shopping early Saturday morning and spent the complete day shopping... We bought an awesome royal blue saree for Mom which has a pale golden blouse.. The saree is beautiful and is something I'd love to wear too... While we were looking for sarees, Mom, being the typical Indian mom asked me why I wasn't wearing my mangalsutra, sindoor and bindi. I told here that one of the strings of the mangalsutra broke and I din't want to take a risk. As for the sindoor, I had forgotten and the bindi... I din't wear one with western wear... Her typical self, Mom said about how westernization had affected me!! And at that very moment, the sales girl asked mom if I as her daughter in law... I couldn't control my laughter... Just to make a point, I wear the Punjabi chuda on both my hands and it is proof enough I am married...
Picture Courtesy - Google!
After the saree shopping we got some amazing footwear at a whooping 50% flat discount! We had a quick lunch and continued our shopping. We bought a wallet, a hand bag and another pair of sandals to go with her saree from Mochi, and all this too at a 50% discount! Oh! the pleasures of sale shopping when not many people are in the store! Mom tried some anarkali suits at Pantaloons, but we couldn't make up our minds and it was 8pm already, so we grabbed the best of the lot and soon called it a day! I was yearning for some coffee and so was mom.. so we headed to the nearest CCD, had our sips of latte and headed home...

A day awesomely spent with mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...