Monday, September 22, 2014

Rants...

I stopped myself from writing this post.. I din't want to crib about my office anymore... But then this is it.. Cannot digest anymore of it...

There is a different wing at our office dedicated to working for Microsoft. People here are worshipped by some stupid people at the other offices and when I was interviewed for a post here , everybody thought I am lucky! I din't wanna come here, not that I am scared or I am not technically strong.. it's just that the culture here did not match my expectations. I had a series of discussions with all people I could to try and avoid this situation.. but as always din't get any help and had to join this office.

Now to describe this office - It's like a 4 storeyed bungalow but just badly designed. There is a single room on each floor and there are wooden dividers which divide it into 6 cubes seating 4 each. As if the office space isn't small enough the cube heights are such that the manager can actually stand with his arms resting on the edges and peep into machines!! huh! Absolutely hating it! And darn! that's not all.. there is a single coffee machine for all the coffee demands for the complete office!! And I haven't had the guts to try the coffee here.. ewwww... There are two teeny tiny washrooms at each floor one each for guys and gals... You actually have to wait for sometime to visit the loo... God! what am I even doing here..  Lunch is served on one of the floors and you actually have to sit in cubes with chairs lined across tables...

I am so so pissed off right now, I cannot even express half of it.. The sinks here resemble the equivalent of the steel sinks we see in the Indian railways, just that here they dispense drinking water.. There is no open space, no gallery forget having a gym or any other way of recreation.. So, if you work for Microsoft you are supposed to be nerds working non stop in an equally depressed environment where nobody talks.. God!!

But that's not what triggered this ranting post here.. We don't have much work yet.. the processes are pretty difficult and involve a lot of set-up before the actual work starts.. and while I have done my best to view the videos and go through the presentations, now I am left with nothing but browse sites.. but I guess that cannot be done either.. The manager every now and then cat toes and stands behind our machines and stares... WTF dude!! Why? I am a girl in my 20's and if I don't have work what do you expect me to do? How many more times should I go through the existing material? I will read the e-paper and will go visit all the sites I want to coz I am not like the others here who are learning the tutorial videos like re-running FRIENDS!! Ok, now to what triggered this post.. I was helping my plants fight zombies on my iPod when the team lead came to my desk and told me not to play.. I told him there's not much work here.. in fact there's none so he said I'd rather do something else.. he told me this would affect my IMPRESSION in front of the manager and went on to clarify that the manager hadn't said anything yet but he feels so.. huh!! So here I am ranting about the absolutely dumb ass place and people, my iPod resting back in my tote...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moments to cherish!

 When Veer was really little and wanted to nap he would climb in my lap and hold onto my neck. In a sitting position and holding me tight, h...